Welcome to the website of the Joplin Amateur Radio Club. If you would like to find out more about the club, look around the site (use the menus at the top) and drop in to any of our meetings or nets. If you are not yet a licensed ham, let use know if you are interested in taking a class to get your license. VE Testing is also available in the area. All amateur radio enthusiasts are welcome at our events, member and non-member alike.
The club also sells antenna launcher kits which are put together by club members right here in Joplin, MO, USA and can be shipped anywhere. These are great for putting up antennas either in your yard, or at a Field Day site!
Feel free to register on this site – if you are a member, this will give you access to the member’s area, but non-members can also comment on posts.
Scroll down to read recent news, or check out the archive of posts, or photos.
2015 JARC Secretary
- 2016 Field Day - Joplin ARC will be setting up in the usual spot again this year – Dover Hill off North Main in Joplin. We will be running a couple HF stations, VHF, and a GOTA station so come out and Get On The Air! We’ll be setting up Friday evening and Saturday morning, then running the entire […]
- Technician Class - Are you interested in taking a class to help you study for the Technician Class License Exam? Let us know by filing out the form on this page: Technician Class Survey If there is enough interest, a class may be scheduled. Check this site for updates!
- April 2016 Program Meeting – APRS - I presented information to the club last night on APRS – Automatic Packet Reporting System, and demonstrated some hardware and software to the club. The presentation is available here in a few formats, for compatibility: APRS – K0JAA 2016 – PowerPoint 2016 pptx file (17MB) APRS – K0JAA 2016 – PowerPoint 97-2003 ppt file (18MB) APRS – […]
- Volunteers for Tarzan Zerbini Circus - John Frederick announced yesterday that the Ronald McDonald House is in need of volunteers this weekend to help with the Tarzan Zerbini circus this weekend. If anyone is interested Contact: Shirley Hylton House Manager Housemanager@rmhjoplin.org 417.624.CARE More information about the circus, including times and location can be found on their website: http://www.tzproductions.com/
- February 2016 Program Meeting - This month’s program meeting (tomorrow night) will be covering the use of LOTW, the incoming and outgoing ARRL QSL card bureau, and eQSL. John has put together the attached handout for further information and links: Feb 2016 Program
- Rt 66 OTA 2015 - The JARC will be participating in the Route 66 On the Air special event again this year, as W6N. The event runs from Friday, Sept 11 starting at 7p CDT to Sunday, Sept 20 at 7p CDT. We encourage club stations to operate on SSB, CW, and Digital modes on the following bands: 80, 40, […]